The purpose of this organization is to broaden the basic knowledge of the members in the field of elastomer science and technology and to establish professional networking and morale among students, the elastomer industry, and other elastomer related associations.
The students who bought the Student Membership ($25/year) gain:
- Free online access to RC&T Journal
Opportunity of networking at Rubber Expo and Technical meetings
- Free registration to Spring and Fall meetings of the ACS Rubber Division
- Opportunity to enter the Student Colloquium and Poster session
Complimentary meeting registration
Travel allowance up to $500 for the first seven students to submit an abstract for an oral presentation, and the first seven for a poster presentation
Opportunity of networking with industry representatives and at the Career Fair
- Opportunity to apply for scholarships:
- One $1000 scholarship for a student chapter member
- Four $1500 scholarship awarded for best undergraduate and graduate paper and best undergraduate and graduate poster
- Two $5000 undergraduate scholarships Rubber Group Nominated
The value paid for the membership is returned to the student chapter to be invested in our organization activities!
Rubber Division Student Chapter Calendar of Activities – Spring 2015
- February 27 – Webinar
- March 06 – Akron Rubber Development Laboratory Tour
- April 10 – Kobelco visit (Hudson, OH)
- April 21 – Ohio Rubber Group Meeting (Twinsburg, OH)
For the Summer semester all activities are suspended. Activities will resume in Fall 2015.
Meeting location and time is announced 4-5 days prior to the events via email. The usual place and time are:
Place: Student Union, Room 314
Time: 12:00-1:00 PM
- Dr. Judit E. Puskas, Campus Advisor
- Aditya Jindal, President
- Elena Silantyeva, Vice President
- Prajakatta Mulay, Treasurer
- Gayatri Shrikhande, Secretary
- Jozsef Kantor, Web Master
The information is also available in the brochure.